Guys-

I'll have to speak up on this one... It seems to me that a revision in the plumbing is allowed, therefore any number of T-fittings, elbows, and check valves would be okay in my book. However...

My (underqualified) technical opinion is that simply adding a check valve and a return line upstream of the caliper won't solve your heat problem. If you look carefully at recirculating braking systems they are designed to circulate fluid though the caliper itself and have fittings on the front and back of the caliper (before and after the piston as the fluid flows). That way the fresh fluid being drawn into the caliper is what actually cools the piston. In order for that to happen on an IT car with stock brakes you would have to modify the caliper, a definite no-no.

You'd have a far easier time of cooling the brakes with ducted air. The "top hat" solution is a time-honored and effective method. The cost to benefit ratio of plumbing a return line on the brake fluid would be way too large an investment (timewise) for my tastes.

My $0.02

-Tom