[B[
However, the ITCS allows you to substitute brake lines and revise circuitry. In other words, you can revise the way the existing lines are run, but the word "add" isn't used and adding check valves and new lines to an existing system is beyond the scope of the provisions.[/B]
Revise, well....
----
Re*vise", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Revised; p. pr. & vb. n. Revising.] [F. reviser, fr. L. revidere, revisum, to see again; pref. re- re- + videre, visum, to see. See Review, View.] 1. To look at again for the detection of errors; to re["e]xamine; to review; to look over with care for correction; as, to revise a writing; to revise a translation.

2. (Print.) To compare (a proof) with a previous proof of the same matter, and mark again such errors as have not been corrected in the type.

3. To review, alter, and amend; as, to revise statutes; to revise an agreement; to revise a dictionary.
---
Key word being alter. Which, according to OED means:
al·ter ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ôltr)
v. al·tered, al·ter·ing, al·ters
v. tr.
To change or make different; modify: altered my will.
To adjust (a garment) for a better fit.
To castrate or spay (an animal, such as a cat or a dog).

Not so much of a stretch. But, we really shouldn't have to go through such semantics to build a car and follow the rules. George doesn't feel the Accusump comparison is valid, others do - just another example of how these things can be interpreted many different ways.

And a young fellow just asked me last night about racing in the SCCA, but I'll open that up on another thread because it certainly highlights some of the problems with our system.

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
BMW E36 M3
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!