I don't think an accusump (or similar pressure accumulation system) is a fair comparison...

The ITCS allows you to add that system to your car....it doesn't list what is and what isn't part of the system. Ergo, if it says you can, you can

However, the ITCS allows you to substitute brake lines and revise circuitry. In other words, you can revise the way the existing lines are run, but the word "add" isn't used and adding check valves and new lines to an existing system is beyond the scope of the provisions.

Ron...you're right...but some embrace the challenge of the rule book, and that it allows free thinking guys like my pal (and future ITA competitor... grand, just grand!) Greg Amy to solve some problems where others just read what they assume is there and leave items on the table.

It is in a constant state of evolution, and could probably use a rewriting as it is getting pretty patched....but considering the number of cars it covers, the complexity of the systems, the diversity of the systems, and the amount of time the category has been in existance, is is to be expected that there might be an issue or conflict or oversight here and there.

Eliminating 75% of the models that are classified would really simplify things, the rulebook would end up making more sense, be streamlined, and parity would improve, but then the charm of IT would be lost. So, I look at the book as part of that charm, kinda like an old car!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]