Three common mistakes that I'll admit to making...

1. I just got finiched breaking in new motor in the car on jackstands and decided to change from 30W oil to the race oil...drained oil, poured in 8 qts and spun over first for oil pressure. Rats...no pressure, I just had 80 psi a minute ago! After I fell to the floor in an 8 qt puddle I realized I forgot to replace the drain plug. DDOOOOHHHHH!!!

2. The old blue paper towels in the carb for superior protection against dirt and debris, until I turned the motor over for the first time and it wouldn't fire up. It would barely spin over and spit and sputter every few revolutions. After checking several things the paper towels appeared in the intake manifold and were barely torn!

3. Same basic thing with the duct tape providing protection on the intake ports while bottom end freshening. Bolt eveything up after long hours and no sleep...won't fire up or even turn over after a couple of revolutions! After lengthy inspection and partial diassembly the duct tape proved its capabiltity of holding out anything from those ports!

Now c'mon, I know I'm not the only one too...um, well never mind. Cheers