Originally posted by SPiN Racing:

The more badass the compound.. the greater the stopping force with lower effort on the pedal.
This is correct only to a degree. There are negative trade-off's with too aggressive a compound.

Take the Hawk blue. Good compound but everyone I have spoken to say they lock up and flat spot tires easily. Hoosiers at 187.00 each are too expensive for that short-coming in the formula for me.

Another concern, How can one formula (Hawk Blue) be optimal on "all cars" from a ITC Honda to a T1 Z06???? It isn't possible. Sorry.

The compound is important, but how the materials are combined, what percent(s) are added and when along the production line they are introduced are as important. Componding is a true "Black Art".

I run Carbotech because they spend countless track hours tesing new compounds prior to their introduction. Not every compond is right for every car. The new XP1110s were too strong for my H1 Civic. However, they kick ass for a T1 Chevy that is 1500lbs heavier.

John- who spent 3 days last week at the Carbotech factory and encourages his competitors to continue to buy the other brands. :-)