Back in the day dad ran Ferrodo brake pads and shoes (shoes were made for him). He had the 2.0L brake drums. He had a brake bias to the rear. He ducted air to the fronts with a modified baking plate that forced the air to cool both sides of the rotor. The entire system was eroquip or steel lines that ran through the car. He also used to "bake" the brake pads to outgas the pads to prevent green fade. He had a welded rear end (Spider gears) so it was constantly locked, not sure if that would help braking or not?

He suffers from "not remembering" so he can't remember if he adjusted the bias during the race or if the system was separate front to rear. He does remember that he had lots of problems with brakes and front wheel bearings.

My dad’s suggestion is to make sure you have new rear wheel cylinders (he changed his a lot because they hung up a lot). He also was constantly bleeding the system getting air out. The backing plates where the shoe sat was always kept clean and lubricated so the shoes would move freely. He does not have an opinion on your idea... he isn't sure if it would work or not. Unfortunately the brake system is not in our car as he sold all of it??? Why??? Who knows.

My opinion is that if you have not already tried a brake bias on the rear lines and adjusting it throughout the race (to increase pressure) then you should start there. On your warm up lap you should be able to find the correct settings to start the session/race and adjust from there.

Hope this sorta helps... If you want to chat with him send him an e-male to [email protected].

for your viewing pleasure here is a link to the old Capri... those were good old days... Corvairs, RX-3's, and the old Capri ruled ITA!!!

http://www.rstperformance.com/Index/capripictures.html

And yes those two kids are my bro and I J

Raymond