Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil change frequency

Maybe I should change the oil I've been using (20W 50)? Thought that would be better for the engine, but after reading all of this I could be wrong.

Would 10W 30 or 40 be better for the engine?

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

I change oil once a year, using redline 10/40. The motor after 4 seasons/11 races a season, was very clean and the bearings showed almost no wear.

Barry

No wonder some of you can't afford to race more. You're too busy spending money on oil. Chris' last IT motor had over 100 race days on it (and that is a conservative guess), and he changes it when he thinks about it. But I will say that he checks the Oberg on both cars religiously.

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

I am kinda with Leslie on this, I change mine when I think about it. It is after all an IT engine, more or less stock. I bet the temps are cooler on my IT car then in my drive to work stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, A/C running,moving 3 feet every 15 minutes 108 outside, in fact I know that the water temps are cooler on the race car. I would bet my oil temps are hotter in the street car also.

If it is good enough for that yellow flash that blows by me 2 times a race it is good enough for me

Originally posted by cherokee:
    If it is good enough for that yellow flash that blows by me 2 times a race it is good enough for me
    LOL.. aint that the truth!

I'm going to count how many times Chris passes me this weekend in the turn 3 complex.

{edit} On second thought... I'd better be concentrating on the line in the 3's.... I'll have to get some open wheel guys to count for me {/edit}

------------------
    Scott
    It's not what you build...
    it's how you build it

[This message has been edited by Speed Raycer (edited March 23, 2004).]

I don't want to count I would have to take off my shoes to count that high