Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
...I found it extremely difficult, and highly frustrating, that the track had no flow and even with a significant horsepower advantage I could not get up to relative speed to stick a clean pass (a la Watkins Glen)....the track itself is so stop-and-go that it does not provide consistency such that a momentum car could maintain speed and stay in front of a higher-horsepower car (a la Lime Rock)...I fear this will cause a lot of driver frustration, resulting in unreasonable desperation passes, with a lot of metal-to-metal.
Hoo-boy, was I a busy man today. I did not do a final count, but I managed more drivers with contact impound reports in five hours today than I did at any other weekend...ever. We had two driver protests go through (both with reprimand-level penalties), two more protests submitted and later withdrawn, three more protests threatened and dropped, and at least one Chief Stewards Action. And, believe it or not, it wasn't all Miatae.

I am freaking BEAT.

And yet...I had someone come up to me toward the end of the afternoon and say that he felt the track was working in, that the more he drove it the better it raced. So there's hope...

Good weekend, great times with friends, super to be back home at a reasonable hour.

GA