Quote Originally Posted by pballance View Post
I took a look at the MSA Type 3 and I do not think it is legal.

Type 2 is legal I believe and what I have on my car. You can keep the front valance pan in place with a type 2 with a little modification. If you get the Urethane type you will need to add some stiffeners to the leading edge to keep it from folding downward at speed. Then again a splitter would support the leading edge as well.

Bumpers are available but not super cheap. You may be able to find one that needs repairs that will work fine for a race car. Straighten and paint, DONE!

Paul
I hunted for some bumpers. Basically $200 ea is crappy shape or fiberglass (which I suspect is illegal)......

So, the problem with the Type 3 is the "bumper" that is part of it. Moves the whole thing forward a violates the "extends beyond bodywork" rule which is in a lot of classes.
What I'm thinking of doing is cutting that part of the airdam off. This leaves the lower section of it, the sides and the ducts intact. I believe it could then be mounted back far enough to not protrude beyond the hood which is the furthest forward body part.....

Attachment 3721
Attachment 3722

Just trying to do it right as best I can.