I get that we are all friends and doing this for fun. But that is no excuse to cheat.

I am not saying or threatening to tear everyone down. Manny the reason why we need to change the culture is to get everyone on the same page. Alot of people think their cams are "OK" just because racing is for fun. That makes it not fun for the rest of us. Another thing is that the car that you think might be illegal might be different than the car that I think is illegal. I am suspicious of two maybe 3 cars. One front runner, the others behind me. So who knows.. maybe people think I am illegal.

There is alot of problems with legality. Not scalling cars and people know that is just one issue. One of my competitors came to me a few years ago at Sebring and asked if I was going to pull the 200lbs of balast out of the car as I knew they were not scaling cars afterwards. I said no because I knew it would be illegal. He was planning on doing it saying "who cares?"

I have had conversations about "grey area" what is blue printing. I know some cars have blended bowls as they think it is legal to do so.

I know others have gone in great detail of how to hide porting an aluminum cylinder heads with a certain process and finishing proceedure to make look stock again.

One person even qouted that I thought was funny and sad at the time "Cheating for Safety".

One person mentioned they had cams done.. I asked him what.. he says ohh nothing.. I don't know why I said that.. then drives by in the paddock with a noticable difference in valve overlap sound.

I know one person got blank crank timing pulley and cut the keyway where they wanted based on cam timing.

This does not sound like this is "for fun". It sounds to me that alot of people are doing this to win or move up. The point is we are doing this for fun, so do not cheat. If cheating makes your car more competitive either then you can look at other ways to handle it. Ask for it to be re-classed, work on driver, or work on ways (more expensive) to make it faster legally.

What kinda scares me is that the two people that race in CFR on here both admit there is issues but warn about the consequence of it.

I know Mike no longer runs in ITB.. Come back man!