Hello fellow IT'ers.

I had a bit of a challenging weekend at Grattan with the car having a few issues along with more importantly me having a few issues.

Some background last fall I had a nasty accident at Mid O as a result of a failing suspension member. My video is still linked on here where my back end let go instantly out of turn 10 at Mid O. Further investigating found a 9" crack running up my right rear trailing arm that was allowing my right rear wheel to wiggle under loading and unloading.

Fast forward to last weekend I have the car rebuilt, suspension freshened up, and a few other fixes. I go up Friday for the test day before the double and I am dog slow. I know it to as I am being very timid on my turn in's and my lap times are abysmal (8 seconds off my laps last year). A lot of Friday was spent getting over my mind which was spooked of my rear end letting go as the car felt very different from before (in a good way ultimately).

Saturday and Sunday I was still fighting my mind but improving. Unfortunately my seat mount broke morning qualifying cutting it short just after I set my first remotely speedy lap 3 seconds off my last year pace. Come back out Saturday afternoon and I am trying to find that pace again and end up losing 3rd gear with 2 laps to go. This made Sunday as wash as without third my car was not completive. I spent my sessions working on a few turns and started to feel racey again even though the car was dog slow.

Honestly felt the raceiest Sunday when I focused on trying to drive a crippled car as fast as I could. Looking at the data the car had tons more speed in it that I was to timid to use earlier in the weekend.

So here I am regretting how terrible I drove all because I mentally couldn't get to where I needed to be till the weekend was mostly over.

My question is this just something that happens? I unfortunately in my first two years had brake failure, a car lose control and hit me, and my rear suspension break resulting in a nasty accident that wrecked a fellow drivers car.

I would appreciate any feedback even if it is "Just shut up and drive."