I have raced Barber twice. Pretty sure it was back when other "management" was operating the facility. Enjoyed the track as a change of pace from my usual VIR, RA, CMP and RR.

The one thing that sticks in my mind is (was) the "personality" of the track. I recall being pretty stressed over possibly dropping a wheel off the track somewhere or maybe spilling a little coolant out the over flow tank or my jack stands leaving a mark on the asphalt. I also recall someone comming round and demanding $75 or $85 for use of electricity for the weekend. (This would be a 24" enclosed with a 900w microwave, 2 24" flourescents and a tiny compressor)

My point is that I would like to participate in the upcomming event but I don't want to spend what is to me a large sum of $$$ and time to be made to feel unwelcome and heaven help if I am involved in a "racing event" end up with huge bill for damages.

I would be interested in other persons opinions of how Barber is currently operated and what sort "attitude" I can expect to encounter. Also, what's the current deal with electricity?? I recall that VIR started doing something similar but it was like $25 or something.

Thanks

tbtapper
ITA 46