Thread: ITAC News.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    They laid out a plan with 25 or so points. Only one item from the proposal was adopted. I will buy a beer if anyone knows what that was.
    participation floor for runoffs eligibility?

I don't think there's any anti IT sentiment rampant in the CRB or higher, though I do think that IT is liked better when it's quiet then when there's a controversy. there are at least 2 BoD that race IT, and a few ex IT guys in the CRB - the category is not scoffed at. It's pretty obvious that STL was largely a way to give it cars a path to the ruboffs. Not just the "IT cars may compete" clause, but the evolutionary path solves what many saw as a problem of regional status. LP prod was always sold as a way to "move up" from IT too, though the intention was to save prod (worked) the "draw from that bunch of farm league guys (IT)" mentality is not unique to our club.

it's important to the "path" established by those classes that IT STAY as a "the minors." Gotta have good minor leagues to make this work. so the PTB is most likely NOT wishing to see IT going anywhere. that's a good thing, IMHO.

what does the future of IT look like? I can't say farther than a few months down the line, but I certainly don't want to change anything from the core of the rules. that's up to the people who choose to stay there more than those who choose to leave. there is an interesting contrast between the goals of "farm league" and "category worth winning in its own right." only key I know to success is that the participation has to be bottom heavy in order to make it attractive to join and to have a population to pull from. assuming IT is "the bottom," SCCA risks loosing that.
    Last edited by Chip42; 06-28-2013 at 12:12 AM.