shopping for my new in tank surge tank set-up and I need some advice. I currently have a small pickup box with flapper doors, but I still starve for fuel when i get down to half a tank or so. So I am going to do a new set up with 2 in tank pumps, one in the left rear corner of the cell that feeds over to a box " surge tank" where the main in tank pump will pick up the fuel the the FI system. a couple of questions

1) I was planning on using a regular old walbro fuel injection pump for both of the pumps. is ther any concern using a pump that is typically designed for higher pressures in a low pressure/ higher flow capacity ? the "scavenge" pump will be almost unrestricted pumping from the cell to the surge tank

2) would you guys use a higher capacity pump for the scavenge ?

3) would you direct the return line from the rail to the surge tank or back to the main cell ? if you go back to the surge, you would get lots of recirc of the same fuel.

4) there is special high dollar fuel injection hose that is specified for in-tank use that is designed not to degrade when immersed in fuel, but it is crazy expensive($20 a foot ) know any good alternatives ?

thanks for the advice
Plucker
its 280z

4)