Thread: New Road Course in CT - 2014 - Thompson

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    Oh, here: I helped you with this one. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=perineum
    Huh. Explains why I was putting that stuff on incorrectly...felt right, though...

Unlike you folks, I'm not that excited about this "track". Lots of constant turns, no long straights? Just looking at the scale of the drawing, with the oval at 5/8-mile; quick estimate puts the track distance at around 1.5 miles... I suspect it's going to be a tight little go-kart track that only something starting with "Miata" will be competitive at; FWD will be the suck. Think Lime Rock Park with the whole track being nothing more than three iterations of T2 through the Esses and not a whole lotta anything else...keep that in mind, all you "we don't want to run the chicanes at LRP!" crowd. Not a very large paddock, either, I suspect 125 entries will get shuffled into the oval, skidpad, and lawn.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more options, but with "new" tracks popping up over the last couple decades such as the revised Watkins Glen, Virginia Int'l Raceway, NJMP, Barber, and so forth, the bar for "good" tracks has been significantly raised; it's going to take a lot more than nostalgia to make this a fun and desirable place to race. Hope I'm off base.

Should be a fun HPDE, autocross, and Solo 1 track, though.

GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 01-04-2013 at 05:21 PM.