Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
So what if someone gets pissed at a clarification? People are already pissed now! We should decide what we want to allow in Improved Touring and change the regs accordingly, and the "losers" will get over it (see me and sphericals).
they may be "pissed" now due to disagreements, but on track it's not showing as a problem from what I've seen. hell, ISC sells such a splitter and runs a beater plastic air dam on the fastest ITA miata in the world (TM).

if the rule is "clarified" to make their splitters illegal, some will get over it, and some will get out of it, and some might get STL stickers to replace the ITx ones and I'm sure that won't bother you at all.

clarified to allow splitters, and the guys who are tired of their old, legal cars (often conservatively so) might pack it in, head to prod, etc...

I don't like those options. I don't so much mind guys disagreeing on intent at the track when the net result is negligible on track. I mind it less when it's a bunch of us rules nerds on the interwebs.