I have submitted this to crbscca:

Letter ID Number: #9387
Title: Allow selective dual classing for ITC and ITB
Class: ITC
Request: In many regions of the country ITC is no longer a viable class. A number of the cars in ITC are substantially the same mechanically as some cars classed in ITB. I request that these cars be identified and allow racers to convert their ITC cars to ITB-equivalent specs by allowing specific substitutions on the vehicle spec line. For instance, the early VW Scirocco 1.5/1.6/1.7 are essentially the same chassis as the later 1.8 VW Scirocco that is classed in ITB. The early cars could run in ITB if they are allowed the 1.8 engine and transmission and the same brakes as used in the later car, and would be specified at the existing ITB weight. The early car would still be at a slight aerodynamic disadvantage compared to the later car and there fore would not be more competitive. There are other cars that could also have a similar dual classing. I realize this is a departure from past IT practice but if done judiciously this will benefit the size of ITB fields by bringing out cars that are currently classed in ITC but are not raced due to lack of other cars in class. I believe this is not a huge leap for IT since some dual classing is allowed for the ITS/ITR BMW 325, and since the VIN rule has been rescinded.