Bruce Perry here. Now that I have had time to study the Steve's video and mine, I think I can comment.

Steve is right that I made a mistake and found myself in the wrong gear exiting turn 11. Once I recovered I picked up Steve's tow and had a good run at the end of the straight.

I completely agree that I showed NO PATIENCE in the situation and screwed up. I should have been happy to ease in front of Steve and behind the black car. I might have survived if the black car had given me room but he wouldn't have expected me to try the pass from so far back.

The rear of the black car hit my front, my car turned right and I corrected which caused it to spin to the left. For me it seemed like slow motion, like a slow lazy slide, so I kept my foot in to try to catch it.

I absolutely did go TFI but my mistake was that I continued to try to catch it too long. At what point do you give up and go TFI? Obviously earlier than I did here...

I looked to the left and saw Steve coming. I thought he was going to miss me and I pushed on the pedals as hard as I could but I was still unpredictable. Ironically, if I had stayed on the gas I would have had a force vector pushing me toward the duck pond and Steve might have made it. But since I had gone TFI the car's momentum caused the car to continue to the outside.

I have been racing for a long time and I consider myself a gentleman racer. I am the first one to complain about contact on the track. I am appauled at the outcome of this situation that I caused. My head is hanging low...