Thread: The demise of ITR at WDC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dave, I love ya, and I know you're speaking for the folks who run things, and you're just the messenger, but...

When the Washington PTB put ITR into big bore, it was like shooting all the ITR drivers. They either quit racing, took their car elsewhere, or moved to another class. (For the most part)

So, now, having the PTB say, "Hey you ITR folk, NOW is your chance...you want to prove you're worthy of moving into another group, show up in good numbers at this one race, and we will consider the move permanently. Otherwise you stay where you are"..

But the local ITR guys are on the floor, after being shot, LOL...unresponsive, essentially. There aint no drivers to respond!
    And guys with ITR cars from up further way, like NER, such as Blethen, well, they won't make the tow without a reasonable expectation of a couple cars to run with.

Not to mention, people budget the season in advance, and schedule things like vacations and races far in advance. I know when I was racing, there's no way I'd just "jump" and add a labor day race at summitt unless it was already planned for.

I know you know all this, but let the PTB know that if they REALLY want ITR cars, they're going to have to rebuild the flock, and that takes time.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 07-13-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com