Quote Originally Posted by TStiles View Post
I sure hope ChumpCar is open to development of some rules , I suggested to Joey a few years ago that they might want to take a look at NASA PT classing in an attempt to establish what cars can and can't compete and potential class distinctions.

I left the discussion with the impression that they really like the way the system was working ( who wouldn't with the number of entries ) and they were not open to classing or making the rules less ambiguous.

I concluded that without a clearer ruleset , I would park my plans to build a car and just run a few races with buddies ( in their cars ) until it all sorted out. We're doing the 24 @ TWS next month , but that will likely be my last race because the car we have just can't cut it anymore.

I would find the ChumpCar series very appealing with either PT or IT ruleset.
Is this thread still going?!?

But I agree with mogren and Tstiles about Chumpcar needing some clearer prep and classing rules. It's getting frustrating trying to hang with an equal or better driver in an E36 BMW 325 when all I have to work with is a 1.6 liter Miata.

Mogren, why limit tire width instead of an over/under displacement rule like Super Touring? It seams like that would just make driving the heavy/powerful cars less enjoyable.