Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
Jeff, I understand the numbers/process, however, at 2750 the A car would weigh the same as the S car with the 167hp "i" motor. The SETA would weigh 115# more!

The current ITA e30 is classified such that it is competitive after 4 years of development (much like your car) and can make a few hp over process power, the same as the Miate and CRXs.

The torque debate continues. High torque low rpm CAN be equal to low torque high rpm with a simple rear gear change. Does not matter what the motor does, it matters what is put on the ground. That is why my car, Price's Miata, and Moser's CRX were dead equal on the back straight at the ARRC. CB
Red herring on the "i." The class power/weight ratio is different in ITA so the calculation is different. One hp is 14 lbs in ITA, but only 12.9 in S (or something close to that).

So a "powerful" A car should weigh more than a "less powerful" S car.

I'm pretty sure the I325e and the E30 325is have not been processed. I'm not saying we are going to do that, I'm just saying if the car is not on process weight and it is requested that we do so....we are required to take a look at it.

The CRX is dead on process weight and the if the Miata dyno charts we have are correct, so is the ITA Miata.

I don't anticipate any changes to the 325s in the never future though. They seem to be a good fit where they are.