Thread: ITS Ford Mustang(s) Build - Stripper Stang Part II

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

There are a couple of extra bung spots that were put in for a wideband O2.

Lots more work last night with the camber plates installed in the green car, camber checked and adjustments made to get the proper range, 0 to -3.5 degrees, cold air block off plates made (legal, the Mustang takes air from outside the engine compartment stock), and a few other things.

The camber plates do not provide enough adjustment stock, none of them do, so you have to either slot the upper chassis holes or use "camber bolts" at the strut/hub interface. Either way will get you plenty of camber at ride height. Jeff G has been heavily investigating some proper hub centric spacers for the front and rear. We made measurements a few days ago that showed that with the long studs in the hubs, and non-hub-centric spacers, the wheels had far more runout that we'd like to see. So, more fab work coming up.

I have looked at the seating position in my car and found I need to drop the rear of the seat down an inch or two for better leg support. This will lower me even further almost to the point where I can't see over the dash. The Mustang is a "big" car by ITS standards and I've a feeling I'll end up looking like a midget driving it. So be it, a midget with a grin on.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 03-13-2012 at 11:20 AM.