Crap. Now that you mention it, I think I'm wrong. Supercharged cars are a special case, in that they're specifically allowed on the table. And, the regs state you can't mix-and-match engines from cars on the table (i.e., you can't take another car and install a table-approved engine). So, I don't think you can run anything with a supercharged engine except the Cooper S.

On the other hand, batteries are allowed to be relocated in Super Touring, and I think it's reasonable within the regs to remove the stock battery box(es) when you do that. For example, I removed my battery box/mount from the engine compartment on my Integra. And, I don't think anyone will give a fudge about removing a battery box.

Not an official word, but I suggest you're good.

I don't recall any specific reason why the whole JCW package wasn't approved. Could the reason be that the requester only requested the pulley and not the injectors? What kind of power does that engine make? What's its potential when built to STU specs? Maybe a request to add the base Cooper chassis, JCW, and GP packages to the spec line are in order? Support it with power data, as that will be the determining factor. - GA