Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
I'll chalk you up in the column of "I've never volunteered to work the scales at tech while 6+ classes of 3+ cars each are all standing out in the hot sun/cold rain waiting to be paraded across the scales while some guy flips through the outdated paper copy of the GCR trying to find MY car, in MY class, and trying to get from me the chassis, car, engine installed, number of gears, suspension mods, blah, blah, blah."
Lots of phale there.
Paper copy -- though even in that case finding a car is a 3-second ordeal. More important... why isn't registration automatically generating a sheet for tech with the legal weight for that configuration of this car in the class? I know that when I register I have to give the legal weight of my car.

As for # fo gears, engine installed, suspension mods, blah.... where's the check to keep me from putting a low-ball weight on the car? Neither tech nor my competition is going to know # of gears, suspension mods, blah.

This sounds like SCCA grabbing a machete when a paring knife was needed -- the different mods, prep-levels ad nauseum are a GT/Prod/ST problem.

Try it sometime, you'll like it.
Thanks, I did my duty flagging.

Conversely, we can do it just like we do at the Runoffs: instead of doing all the work in arrears, we can stand in the pre-tech line with our helmets waiting for our tech approval sticker, while debating with the tech inspector what page in the GCR you are to find OUR car, in OUR class, and trying to get from me the chassis, car, engine installed, number of gears, suspension mods, blah, blah, blah. Or, even better, we can wait in line behind the guy in front of us that's doing the same thing for HIS car.
Or the numbers can be entered during the registration process which then generates the list for tech.... Still doesn't do squat about mods though.