Thread: STL Chassis Builds?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    If we allowed any chassis into STL then we would have to adjust the RWD multiplier to even out the absolute best FWD option (Acura Integra?) versus the absolute best RWD option (Lotus Exige?) at which point the difference would be on the order of hundreds of pounds. Which may very well be the direction we're heading, given all this desire to run these "uber-chassis" in STL.

Be careful what you ask for...you might get it.

Nope. The CRB has declared directly to the STAC (we asked) that rotaries are subject to a 2x displacement multiplier when considered for power-to-displacement calcs (though I can't find it in the GCR anywhere...) As such, none are automatically eligible for STL. To address that, we specifically include the 12A and 13B as part of the STL program, with limited mods and additional weight.

GA
    The Exige I think is the outlier example of a potential category killer chassis. The Elise could be allowed but limited to stock engine with intake restrictor and/or no aero and/or a specific chassis weight

Why is the S2K an overdog chassis? (compared to say, a Z4 BMW with an STL sized engine?)

Again, allow the chassis but don't allow any aero bits, or require the chassis run heavy regardless of installed engine.

Another option would be to have an adjuster for MID engine rear drive cars.

I get that not every car is ever guaranteed to be competitive...but at the same time, there are certain cars that are inherently going to be turned into race cars... especially if they ahve a good place to race. S2K and Elise and BMW 3 series are perfect examples of that.

that way the Fords and BMW's aren't overly penalized (which are already non-competitive compared to the Hondacuras BTW)
    Last edited by JS154; 01-06-2012 at 02:07 PM.