Thread: Blue Skying an STU Car

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Greg, my WC VTS shows a car weight of 2500 lbs, a tire size of 245x40x17 and an allowable compression ratio of 12.8:1. I thought for STU, and I may be wrong, that I had to weigh somewhere in the 2850 lb range (big whoop), run a 235x40x17 tire (no big whoop) and bring my compression down to 11.0:1 (big $$$$ whoop) and get rid of my In-Car adjustable bars. Making these changes would cost me a ton of $$$$ and make the car uncompetitive in Canada where we still run to the older WC Touring Class rules, for the most part.

Philosophically for the class, if I was going to run a complete 3.0L Taurus engine then I would need to run a complete Taurus engine. I get it. I just need to figure out if I can make enough HP and Torque from one of those to be competitive in the class. The reason I am looking at the 3.0L is that I could use that motor in both countries and still be competitive without a ton of work. Bolting on 150 to 200 lbs of lead is an issue, but doable. The 3.0l option (if it can make competitive HP) allows me to do both. I guess I need to talk to some Duratec guys. nThanks.

Eric
    Last edited by 23racer; 12-08-2011 at 09:19 AM.