Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Why would you want to race a Sentra rather than your 240 Earl? Not for nothing, but your car is a proven front runner, while there are no Sentras built, and who knows how much $$ and development it would take to make one a front runner? MARRS aint weak in ITB!
Jake - not to start a big debate, but (and I know there are those who disagree) I'm 100% convinced the 240SX is done in ITA. Back when Stretch was winning at Atlanta, with a full-tilt, custom-everything, 100 lb lighter 240SX, he was winning with 1:43+ times. I know tracks change over the years, but I just don't see anyone getting one of these to run 41s at that track. Neal Harrison has one of the best built & driven 240s I've seen in the past few years, and he's still a couple of seconds off the ITA record at VIR on his best day.

And yeah, I know ITB is a very competitive class right now; that's why I'm looking there. I wouldn't want to run in a 'lame' class; hell I can go race with EMRA if I just want to collect a bunch of trophies. I know there have been some pretty fast Sentras in ITA (Crazy Joe's comes to mind immediately), so I think one of these - at the correct weight - could do pretty well in ITB. And like I said, I'm just daydreaming right now; but when I came across that listing I just thought it looked funny.