So I have a daily driver that is going to be converted for racing full time. I live in India and the car is a Honda City '00 model. Pretty similar to the EG Civics. The car came with MacPherson struts all round and incredibly soft suspension mainly for a good ride.

I wanted to convert the rear to double wishbone. Doing up the front will be a huge challenge because it would intrude into the engine bay. No so with the rear.

I know cars with MacPherson struts can be made to handle. However, NONE of the mainstream strut manufacturers have anything available for my car. Either the installed shock height is different, or the mounting points are not suitable or the incorrect size. We have some some options, but they are mostly designed for look rather than function. Not sure if manufacturers like GAB or Hotbits will be used by any of you guys here.

Do you guys think it would be better to convert the rear to a double wishbone setup. After conversion, I'd be able to choose the rear suspension from a huge array of options, a lot of it which would be developed with racing in mind.

I do not believe that the fabrication would be very difficult. I understand what is required and how the problems can be tackled.

Hit me with your honest opinions. Call me an idiot if you feel so, but please follow up with constructive criticism too. Thank you all.