I appreciate the feedback from everyone.

After doing some research, in my region, if the contact is not protested at the track within 30 minutes, then there is no record of it anywhere even if you tube video exists it will be ignored. Therefore if you have a repeat "contactor" who only gets one protest per season and has this history over several seasons, it does not matter to our stewards because it never happened. I am told that some stewards will try to talk a driver out of filing the protest and just deal with it now. Then the paper trail is lost and it never happened once you leave the track.

There should be an incident report after each track session at least by the drivers involved for any metal-to-metal contact just to document the the incident. The stewards do not want to carry the extra paperwork burden and I understand that but if the procedure is in place I think the frequency of contact will be reduced and a repeat offender can/should be adequately dealt with.

David hit it right on the head:
HTML Code:
I think it's up to the drivers to create a culture that doesn't accept  contact.  
If someone hits you then you need to let them know you're not  happy about.  
If you say nothing then they're going to think it was ok.   
If it's bad enough then a protest should be filed.  
If it's repetitive  then a group of drivers needs to have a discussion with that person.
This is for fun and fixing busted chit isn't fun.  
Some people don't  seem to get that.