I am pretty new to club racing. I have an ITS 260z for this year. Last March on Saturday, I wrecked it by myself at VIR turn 10 and blew the motor that same Sunday.
March memories was the race weekend, how could I forget.
This past weekend I raced at Charlotte with my newly repainted bodywork and rebuilt engine. I spent a lot of time and money due to my stupidity. At the race this weekend I heard there was one particular driver who was involved in three separate incidents during two separate races where the other drivers were unable to continue. What happens in this situation with the sanctioning body with a driver who is involved in so much carnage. I don't know if it could have been avoided or not but from the bench, it sounds like over aggression on the track. Don't flame me just throwin it out there.
I am a CPA, self employed and two kids in college. My spare time and cash is going toward my racing effort. If someone like that hits me and it is not my fault, is there recourse? I am staying out of the way of faster cars as I learn and sort my car but I can ill afford to be sent to the hospital due to an overly aggressive participant. Are those incidents reviewed and penalties assessed or is the driver at fault penalized in any way?
I understand that racing is risky and anything can happen but I need to weigh the risk in light of a uncontrolled driver putting the others at risk. equipment can be repaired or replaced but the human body is different. I am not willing to shell out the dough for a new helmet and head restraint next season if there is an uncontrolled driver at each event raising the risk level for all. I will go back to driving schools and maybe try autocross if there are no repercussions to control the testosterone level on track.

Just asking not trying to start a war between drivers who may have been involved.