Thread: March 2011 Fastrack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    Josh answered your question pretty well but I wanted to point out that while it says when the CRB has to wait, it does not say they have to rush.
    We see that with competition adjustments (yea I know, Bleah) in other categories all the time where they will give a month or two for the change.

I'm not feeling like I've soaked up the subtleties and implications but thanks to both of you for the additional info. I missed that information that Josh posted.

...Anyone that says the ITAC is playing games or hiding things needs to STFU. ...
    Let's be clear about what is - and is not - being said here. The Audi is something of an acid test for the new operating manual. There are some concerns. I don't think I've seen ANYONE suggest that the ITAC is "playing games," but that doesn't mean folks can't be worried.

John (et al.) - Pragmatically, I suspect that the ITAC would love to go with the "What we know" approach on the Coupe, if for no other reason than it's been a point of contention in the past. (I might of course be WAY wrong.) While dyno data isn't a prerequisite for specification, it's one route to resolution. One route. I daresay that if we'd had substantial dyno data from multiple sources the FIRST time we addressed the Coupe, it would have been resolved long ago. We might not all have LIKED the resolution, but it would have been done.

The Scirocco II is a "legacy" listing. It hasn't had any attention that I know of since the Great Realignment. Any effort to make it makes sense in the context of other cars more recently spec'd will result in head banging. Don't do it.

Rock on.

Kirk
    Last edited by Knestis; 03-02-2011 at 09:02 AM.