Thread: One...more....time...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lael Cleland View Post
    I have a rear mount for my rabbit hanging on the wall that has long bolts all the way threw it, sleeves threw the mounts around the bolts, its metal to metal.... I have a pile of broken headers and engine mounts..... Even with the 8 different stay bars I have tried, some thing always breaks....... When I raced a 16v scirocco, the radiator support ripped away.....

I don't think allowing larger front wheel bearings is fair, but needed. BUT Spending $12 in 3M goo to save a $400 header would be nice.....

P.S. us MK1 VW guys can install the side engine mounts upside down to lower the engine1.5 inches with OEM mounts.... is that legal?
    So since:

9. Hardware items (nuts, bolts, etc.) may be replaced by

similar items performing the same fastening function(s).

I can take a hole saw to my current mounts and insert my new similar hardware items in the middle that performs the same fastening function

As for making racing more economical, preventing money shifts every third race thus making new valves and bearings neccessary. Then there's the safety aspect of avoiding the oil slick when my pan breaks on the crossmember.
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 01-12-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter