I need help ASAP to get a push button start in the car before this weekend.

I need some help figuring out how to wire a push button start, no key, so everything will be on switches. Why? There is no key at all now anyway and I'm pretty sure starting the car with a screw driver won't make track officials happy.

This is a diagram I have.

Anyone know what I need to do? Can I just run two switches, one a toggle to switch ignition "ON" then the push button for the actual starter and still have the rest on the ignition switch so I basically turn the ignition switch on for the rest?

Here are some quotes a member on another forum said, maybe you all can help me make more sense of it. I'm not very wire savvy so excuse my ignorance.

"Yes that is the correct diagram. Notice there are three wires powered in the RUN position and one grounded(don't know why). The ACC wire isn't the only one which needs to be powered, depending on what you're running. The numbers in the switch "box" outline designate the switch position. 1 is start, 2 is run, 0 is off and 3 is accessory/backwards. You'll need to trace the wiring outputs from the switch, through the manual to see what is powered through which wire."

"Just to clarify; to just get the car running you need to switch the RUN/blue wire on(send power to it) then pushbutton on the START/yellow wire(send power to it). I would power the input to the pushbutton fromthe output of the RUN switch(blue wire), but it really doesn't matter which way you do it. The lights, radio, etc should get their power from the other wires I mentioned earlier.

This is all from memory, so double check."

"It's not hard to wire up at all. One wire 12v is all that controls the starter solenoid. That one wire gets it's feed from the starter relay. The starter relay is energized by one wire from the ignition switch. The wire from the ignition switch is what you need to put your momentary push button switch on. You need a wiring diagram of the starter relay and ignition switch to make sure it needs either 12v or ground; I don't remember off my head. You need to power all of the other accessories, fuel pump, ASD, PCM, or whatever from another switch. The pushbutton only activates the starter."