I've been wondering lately if there is anyway to fit a diesel car into an IT class. I'm not talking about, "Yeah sure, we'll create ITDiesel." I'd want them to somehow slot into the existing classes. The problem here is that any diesel that anyone would want to race would probably have a turbo bolted onto the exhaust manifold. But would maybe still fit into some IT slot in terms of performance. One way to regulate that may be to require stock mapping of the ECU, stock injectors, stock turbo, etc. Basically a No-Prep engine package. Really, there is not much to a diesel car, you got fuel, compression, and air, that's about it. Should be relatively straight forward to regulate, in my opinion anyway.

I know, I know, the first thing most people are going to say is that they don't want to race around cars blowing all that soot. And to people with that opinion, I'll just say, your not paying attention.

I'd be interested to hear some thoughts on this? Why can't that work? Why will it work? or whatever

Thanks.