Some of you may remember me growing up always trying to get sponsors, I've had a lot of luck and haven't changed much but the way I go about doing it has.

So who here tries to get sponsors for IT racing or any club racing? Obviously it's extremely hard to get real funding for a series that's for fun and has no real media coverage.

I personally try to think of fun and beneficial items for a program that businesses may be interested in.

Here are a few things I've recently done and how they turned out.

First I had an idea based off of a program a Le Mans Dome was running years ago. My idea was "Racing for Athens" (my town) and basically would sell individual squares on the car to local businesses only for $50.00 (included two squares, one on each side). The idea was to help advertise Athens as a whole as well as its individual businesses in the city. My home track is Road Atlanta and is under an hour from Athens so it could benefit the city. Sadly it never took off, I had a few interested people but the rest kind of looked away. The mayor even liked the idea but it wasn't in her power to do anything about it.

So I basically gave up on it, at least for now.

My other idea came up from that and I just started working with it. It's "Ten Dollar Sponsorship" and is the same square type selling but it's $10.00 versus $50.00 in hopes of having more interested parties. I mean ten bucks for two logos on a car isn't that bad in my opinion. lol

Special things I try to do are offer ride alongs at track days, I am big in social networking sites so I update those frequently and often post any supporters info/news updates there, etc.

I haven't ran an IT race yet but just track days. So it's also hard to promote yourself when you haven't raced in that series but my primary wheel to wheel experience is karts, unless you count open passing track days.

Anyway, what do you all do, if anything? I do everything motorsport related because I have a HUGE passion for it but it's expensive so I have always been forced the business route, not to mention I still have that small dream in my head of going somewhere.