I'm sorting out what's needed during the winter for my Improved Touring build and I've been unable to make heads or tails of a couple parts of the rule book regarding MAF's and MAP's, it seems to be a bit muddled.

D.1.4 states:
All air entering the intake tract shall pass through the carburetor or fuel injection air inlet. All air must also pass through the stock air metering device, eg MAF, or AFM, etc if so equipped. Air intake source shall be within the confines of the engine compartment or stock location.
and D.1.6 states:
The engine management computer may be altered or replaced. A throttle position sensor and its wiring may be added or replaced. A MAP or MAF sensor and its wiring may be added. Other existing sensors, excluding the stock air metering device, may be substituted for equivalent units.
Now, can I have it so that air is passing through an inactive MAF (since it has to be there and D.1.4 states it must pass through it) and a MAP is doing all the air metering for my motor?

I'm not trying to cheat or be a d-bag, it's just all the ignition systems I've worked on and wired use MAP's and my 85 MR2 utilizes a MAF.