I keep reading threads on here where people talk about tire and brake life, and I gotta tell you, there are some numbers that just don't work for me and my Neon.

Tires- last year, I was running 205/50 15 888's, and being very careful about rotation and pressures, I used up 12 tires in 6 weekends, with 2 1/2 to 3 hours track time each weekend. This year, I switched to Goodyear 225/45 15s. I love them compared to the Toyos- best lap last year at Calgary was 1:32.8, ran a 1:30.7 (2 tenths off class record) a couple weekends ago. I decided to just rotate side to side, to check life and I was corded on the fronts at the end of the last heat- 2 hours 20 minutes or so. I really like the feel of the car on the Goodyears, and of course, the speed is nice too, so I figure the $60 or so more per weekend is worth it.

I read on here about people getting much longer life than that.

Brakes- I run Hawk blues, and I can get 3 weekends out of a set. If I try for a 4th, I will hit steel, or melt the pistons on the front calipers. I also have to watch for cracking rotors.

I read on here a while ago about somebody looking for more than the 9 weekends he was getting out of his pads.

Is my car a pig? Am I an over-agressive hack? Is the asphalt at my tracks too coarse? Or is this kind of consumption normal for a twincam 2650# Neon that is always run in sprint races?