I recently aquired a shell that i am considering turning into a race car. If nothing else it will serve as a track day car in place of my beloved restored '77 rabbit. I'm looking at ITA, because i love the 16v and also have one ready to race for the most part. Had a few questions that i can't quite seem to get from the rule books, would appreciate the help while i'm still in the planning stages rather than rolling up to inspections

1st off, the shell is an 85 gti. I thought that this car would be able to be updated to 90-92 GTI spec, is this correct? I would use everything from that spec line so I do understand you can not pick and choose which parts you do/do not want.

If that is allowed, would i also need to run the exact trim parts that car came with? for example the Big Bumpers, flairs and skirts. I would prefer to run the small bumper setup but i guess it really doesn't make all that much difference.

I plan to run this car in our local conference that has a production class that has very similar, perhaps slightly less strict than IT, however i figure building it to IT specs would give me an extra class to run in to maximize track time and allow for another driver on some race weekends

the shell in question