Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
No new S2k here....
Chip,...
Current letters on this are solidly against, although I think there are only 5-6 or so of them.
Jeff, I don't think you were responding to my post, as I only mentioned having added a few honda error classification letters. having said that, the issue is pretty well understood on this end, but that's a good summary for anyone who isn't up on it. I deal with hondas and toyotas. the former would love to see the change, even the newer ones have a rather odd crank signal but the older, belt-driven cam-driven distributor bodies do weird things. on the MR2s it doesn't matter because the limiting issue is excess airflow, not ignition and fuel timing. it would make setup easier but it's not the secret to the other 25% gains we're expected to make.

but, WRT crank trigger,s I put my letter in on friday, #1476.
Quote Originally Posted by chip's letter to the CRB re crank triggers
I am opposed to the allowance of crank fired ignition in IT. The allowance will add costs, yield unpredictable power gains unbalancing the IT field, and, I feel, violates the intent statement in the ITCS regarding stock basis.

No competitor is forced to run a specific car. If the stock ignition design is inadequate or sufficient pickups do not exist to permit the desired computer modifications, so be it. That is the basis the car chosen by the racer. The current distributor rules allow significant and sufficient, if imperfect, modifications to the needed signals.

While I feel that the club should endeavor to classify all cars equitably and fairly based on real world gains and abilities, so as to mitigate the imbalance of gains between models and years under allowed modifications, I do not feel the correct means to this end is by allowing upgrades to the benefit of all. It would only further widen any existing gaps in power potential while moving the class further from its roots, at the expense of its entrants.