Just picked up my "new-to-me" 240. It was my girlfriends first car and her two female cousins car before that. So it's been through a lot in terms of body damage. Both front fenders are beat up, front headlight lid, and both rear quarters are dented. The driver side much more than the pass.

Anyway it's a 5 spd begging to become my new race car. Apparently she had the waterpump, thermostat and radiator changed all at one time. Then under daily driving conditions she overheated the car on the interstate. She let it cool off, fired it back up and drove it home. Then she took it to a shop and they told her it had a cracked head.

I consider that to be very unlikely. So I'm filling it with water tomorrow and firing it up. A compression and leakdown test is in order. I've started the car and driven it on and off the trailer. It runs very well so I'm hoping for good results in the compression tests.

I'm going to go through standard service items once I fix the overheating problem that may or may not exist at all.
Engine, trans, diff oil change. Brake/Clutch system flush. Hoses/belts/chains or whatever items necessary to reliably race the car.
I'll drive it on the street for awhile until I'm ready to strip and cage the car.
I'm planning on building my own pneumatic hydarulic tubing bender and machining my own dies on the CNC mill at work. Hopefully that works out as planned. I'll be doing all of my own fabrication for the project, except for the exhaust header.

I'm excited to start a new project on a car that is completely new to me and un-molested by another racer.
I'm selling off my 99 turbo miata, car is just too small for me. I'm hoping I fit better in the 240.