Though you should have seen these already, I just wanted to bring to your attention two recent rollcage rule changes/clarifications.

May 2010 Fastrack:
In 9.4.G.6, first sentence, delete “minimum”.
Background: during the 2008 GCR rollcage rules consolidation, the word "minimum" was added to the prior IT/SM/SS rules. This change effectively banned additional front leg tubes to the legal forward mounting pad. This was changed in the May Fastrack via Errors and Omissions.

May 5, 2010 email from SCCA Technical:
3. Cars competing in Improved Touring, Showroom Stock, Spec Miata, and Touring may extend one tube, from each front down tube, forward to the firewall, bulkhead or wheel well, but not penetrating [strike]the firewall[/strike] any panel.
I do not know the background on this one. It appears to be an offshoot from an issue years ago where Spec Miata guys were mounting their front legs on the inner fender panel, not the true "firewall" at the front. I do not see where this would affect existing cages, it only seems to allow alternate mounting locations for these front legs.

I also do not see where this is a conflict with the allowance from the May Fastrack, as this allowance is an optional tube as well. However, I recognize that us "intorturators" may mis-interpret the "one tube" to be in conflict; I suggest the Fastrack allowance illustrates it's not intended to be so.

GA