Quote Originally Posted by acotyk View Post
Thanks to everyone that has responded, there’s a lot to digest here on the subject.
Acotyk, Your well reasoned, respectful manner in which you have responded is to be commended . I may be taking your comments the wrong way but I feel like you are attempting to make the "club" work for its members which has not always been the case. Even though I may disagree with you , I applaud your efforts and it has made me reconsider some of my opinions about racing an older car. I look forward to racing alongside of you in a Z and sharing a beverage in the paddock after the race.

I also ask the entire group, how do we age out a car in IT? Seriously, I don't want to stop racing my Z and I am sure there are some 510, RX7, Borgward, etc. drivers that want to continue, but how do we limit when a car must stop racing? Do we simply make concessions, such as discussed here when parts are NLA, to keep them racing? Can we create a "process" by which a car should be aged out? Is it even in the best interest of the club to consider aging out cars? Just thinking out loud, Can you tell it is the silly season??

BTW, I don't like the idea that "we should just go find something else to race" mentatlity but that certainly is one solution.

Paul