Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
What happens with the PBR calipers is that they splay out, so that the brake pads begin to wear cock-eyed. This problem is very commonplace in the left front, and occasionally an issue on the other side unless racing at tracks with an abundance of left turns.

It's also common for the piston sleeves to burn up. No, I've never had fluid boil to the point where I was literally hitting the floor. (Sorry if I exaggerated a bit.) But I've had to throw heel-and-toe downshifting out the window a few times because the pivot point would change enough to compromise throttle-blipping.
Very interesting discussion.

I'm not sure I'm following everything though. You mentioned that you have heat problems and that the heat is deforming the calipers, but, then you say that you're not boiling the fluid. I'm assuming what you're experiencing is some fatigue and thermally induced stress relief, but, you'd need to get some pretty serious heat into it to do that. And that would boil your fluid.

What you've described with your pedal feel is pretty much SOP for Z cars and many other ITS cars. And, it can typically be fixed with a serious analysis of brake ducting and cooling. You might have to switch to a new piston seal of that is having problems but the dust shield on the outside, well, those are going to get hard crumbly and fall away.

What sort of rotor and caliper cooling do you have now? I assume you're using a air hat on the rotor that feeds air to both sides of the rotor and you've got a similar device mounted on the caliper itself. Since these are slotted rotors you might want to feed air into the center hub and skip the rotor hat.

Anyhow, you should be able to make these brakes work and not experience heat problems. I've collected a lot of brake cooling setups over the years. Once I pick this Mustang up I'll have a look at the front area and might be able to offer some suggestions.