Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
The reality is that, in this light, on track side by side accelleration performance is quite possibly a more reliable source of data than dyno sheets from different sources. Put the club's DL1 boxes in the cars and go racing, and a good analyst will be able to deduce relative whp from the data and the weights from tech. BUT that is another story for another time because 'we don't do that' in IT.
I have not done it with DL1 but have done it with several other DA systems. Using GPS, or just doing it with time/distance and other factors.

It never right, nor never accurate. Not even just using the delta.

We had a Engineer from a experienced/knowledgeable team helping us out with a issue. One of the crew guys was messing with it (the acceleration/hp function), the guy chuckled and told him he should waste his time with that. He explained back he was just using it for delta type stuff and he said again it isn't very useful.

Three different systems said that the car was making between 220 to 260whp. And the car dynos, on a dynojet, consistently at 205whp to 210whp.

I really wish it was more accurate, but I haven't talked to any one who thinks it is.