Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
I hope they post the Sunday final results for Group 4 somewhere. The sheets were not out due to some protest or something. But the did give trophies to the groups that had no problem, just no sheet.

BTW, I want to thank all the drivers in Group 4 for their headsup driving. I know there were a lot of speed disparity and most of you let the faster cars know what your intentions were. The corner workers also did a great job with the blue flags and my hats off to them also. I tried my best to get by you as quick as I could so not screw up your racing.
Dan:

Much congrats on your successes this weekend. The Fun One was wild racing, with everybody in battles all throughout the field. To me, if racing is just one track, it is the Glen.

Unfortunately for me, I had to abort the Sun. race after just three laps when my LF caliper shot off the inside fender. This happened as I was exiting onto the NASCAR straight. One damaged wheel, a ruined tire, messed-up electricals, and an outward dent in the fender (imagine that) was the toll.

I was lucky the tire didn't blow or I would have hit the outside wall in the outer loop like Sam Hornish did a few weeks ago. Gotta look on the bright side....

A highlight of the weekend was doing a couple 7/10th laps of the historic circuit on Thursday evening in my F-150. Those old racers were crazy flying down that long, steep hill into town at over 120mph in rickety pre-war cars.....