I got the new sender in the car and it seemed to work - for a while. I put it in Saturday and cranked the car up to see what kind of pressures it would show. It was giving me 50 at idle and going all the way up to 75 or so at revs. This seemed like a good thing so I was happy. Then I shut the car off and the gauge read 10psi with the motor off. I'm like WTF? Does that mean all my readings are now 10 psi high? I had other things to do and stopped working on the car till Sunday morning.

Go out Sunday morning and the gauge still reads 10psi with the motor off. Even better, the gauge never moved when I started the motor and now reads 10psi all the time. Somewhat pissed at this point, I start trying to figure out what is going on. The gauge reads 80 with nothing connected and 0 when grounded, which is correct. I ran a new wire from the gauge to the sender and still got the same goofy readings. Tried grounding the body of the sender with the same results. I'm going to try a couple other things, but the only thing I can figure at this point is the new sender failed. Lovely. If I can't make it work then I'll leave the gauge disconnected since bad readings are worse than no readings.

The good news is that the car is completely ready to go except for the oil pressure gauge issue.

David