Thread: 12 hours of Nelson

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best of luck to competitors on a successfull weekend and the region on a successfull event.

Unfortunatly we have been turned away because our driver/car owner can't run on his novice permit. We are all very disapointed (and I am turned off, posibly forever) because of this. We were able to get this novice into SCCA racing with excitement to do endurance races (this race and Summit are challenges we have wanted to do for years) and now to get tuned away from an event that seems to be strugling for entraints is a real bummer.

I don't understand why a novice permit isn't good enough for this regional race, especially on a team that has been racing in SCCA for as long as we have been. I never liked the National/Regional thing, and I really don't like this. We should be trying to help members get into the racing they are interested in, not turning them away...

Additionaly if the organizers don't think a school is good enough to sign someone off to run a regional event then we need re evaluate our schools.

Raymond "spending my limited money to race at Lime Rock in the PRO-IT instead" Blethen
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 07-09-2009 at 10:17 PM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com