<rant on> Jake G. called me today about tickets to attend Saturday's AMLS event at Lime Rock Park in on 7/18. He said it was $60 for each ticket, but I had a hard time believing it. Quickly logged onto the LRP website and yup, $60 for Saturday alone. In years past I've always thought the AMLS event has been a fairly expensive ticket, but this is too bad. Really? In this economy?

It's a shame that many families will end up opting out of attending this event. I suppose it bothers me more as I vividly remember growing up and attending similar events at LRP, which for better or worse lead me to my racing obsession. I'll admit that I absolutely love the track from both a spectator and driver's perspective. However it keeps getting tougher to swallow. It's hard to imagine that this pricing will yield higher ticket revenue than if it was more reasonable and family / economy friendly. We planned on attending the event as a family, but at this pricing know my wife will have absolutely no interest in going. Will they then lose out on other revenue streams such as food and merchandise?

Does AMLS set these prices? Are they this high at other tracks, and if so how has that gone? After reading Darren Law's response to his least favorite track and overall AMLS drivers' responses to the changes, maybe this is LRP's last year hosting AMLS anyway? </rant>