We chased a stumbling issue all last year. Car would start out fine and as the race went on would start to cut out at mid to high rpm but only during the day when it was hot. Figured out we were getting air in the fuel line. Added a return line and haven't had any issues until this past weekend at rockingham.

So this weekend started out great. Car ran perfect during practice and qualifying. Started the race fine but about 15 minutes into my run the engine would fall flat on its face at the end of the front straight and at the end of the short straight before the first 180 degree right hander in the infield. In both places my car is running about 7500-8000 rpm. Pitted at 20 minutes and while my co-driver was strapping in I moved the fuel pickup from the left to the right side of the fuel cell. I was thinking maybe it was a pickup problem. Anyway it didnt make any difference, the problem continued to get worse until it would barely run at the end of the race. In retrospect that may have been a mistake because I dont think I got the fuel pickup shoved under the foam enough, and it may have floated up making a small problem a lot worse.

I will be installing a surge tank this week to rule out any fuel pickup issues.

Im pretty sure its vapor lock, just trying to get some ideas before the double enduro at roebling road this weekend.

Thoughts?