Not sure when we need to start planning this or who would be in charge but we should have an event with real BIG exposure! We need an SCCA article, and an article in as many motorsports magazines as possible, maybe even TV exposure like a National Runoffs? We need an event that gets real exposure! I truelly think it is a year for SCCA to use our milestone year as a way to advertise and promote our grassroots racing that is an affordable and fun way to get on track and do REAL "Wheel to Wheel" racing! Next year 2010 is what I believe is our year to celebrate!
We are turning 25 years old!

Who do we contact? Anyone here have the pull to make this happen? We need to get as many cars out of barns and garages and out on the track for our "25 year aniversary!" A shared expense amoungst all regions so all regions and all IT members benefit! :026:

Now If I am wrong about dates feel free to debate!
I am pretty sure that SCCA National set a standardized rule set for Improved Touring back in 1985. (Yes the class existed before this but was not listed in the GCR under 1 ruleset across the country)

Stephen Blethen